Civil Engineer (Recent Graduate), GS-0810-05 Target 09, Tupelo, Pearl, and Greenwood, MS Recent Graduate announcement- https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434784900
Forester (Recent Graduate), GS-0460-05 Target 09, Pearl and Tupelo, MS Recent Graduate announcement- https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434784800
Conservation Agronomist (Recent Graduate), GS-0471-05 Target 09, Hattiesburg and Jackson (SO), MS Recent Graduate announcement- https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434785800
Assistant Director of Financial Aid for Compliance
Pearl River Community College
Pearl River Community College seeks to hire an Assistant Director of Financial Aid for Compliance. This is a regular, full time position reporting to the Director of Student Financial Aid with normal hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend hours may be required on occasion. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid for Compliance will assist and support the Director of Financial Aid in ensuring that the Office of Financial Aid is in compliance with federal, state, institutional and private regulations in the administration of financial aid programs and services. A major responsibility of this position is to provide collaborative leadership for policies and procedures, use and evaluation of BANNER Financial Aid and Argos Reporting software to automate processes, and compliance for Gainful Employment; Consumer Information; Career Pathways; Satisfactory Academic Progress; and Exit Counseling.
· Assisting the DFA in the administration and compliance of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs
· Maintaining awareness of regulatory electronic announcements, dear colleague letters and coordinating updates/training for administrators, faculty, and staff
· Serving as Lead Liaison for Information Technology (IT) staff for annual processes, problem resolution, and enhancement/upgrade projects.
· Serving as technical lead for efficient and effective use of BANNER Financial Aid, ARGOS, etc. for financial aid processing. This includes, but is not limited to: evaluating use of functionality, testing processes, documenting procedures, troubleshooting, and collaborating with IT staff for upgrades and releases.
· Assisting the DFA with development and maintenance of the Policy and Procedure Manual
· Developing and maintaining the financial aid website, financial aid forms and consumer publications
· Coordinating and maintaining compliance for Gainful Employment, Consumer Information, Career Pathways and Exit Counseling
· Managing the official/unofficial withdrawal, Title IV Return of Funds, and Satisfactory Academic Progress processes
· Assisting with compliance reviews (internal/external audits, program reviews, OCR reviews, accreditation reviews, etc.)
· Coordinating compliance and technical training for financial aid support staff
· Counseling and advising students/families on the application process, eligibility and verification
· Conducting financial aid presentations for financial aid outreach, recruiting, and campus events
· Preparing and interpreting reports required for federal, state, and outside agencies.
· Representing the office at financial aid professional meetings, federal/state trainings, and campus training activities
Performing other related responsibilities, as assigned or determined by the Director of Financial Aid.
(Minimum) A Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of professional experience in financial aid or related field is required.
Education: (Preferred) Master’s Degree and 3-5 years of professional experience in financial aid is required.
3-5 years of progressive Title IV federal financial aid experience
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of financial aid student information systems (Banner/Ellucian preferred) and ARGOS reporting software.
Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues and students and willingness to get along with others and to assist students in securing financial assistance.
Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing computer databases and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Experience using SQL to create ad hoc queries and reports
Excellcent written and oral communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and perform multiple tasks.
Term of Employment:
Interested applicants should send a PRCC employee application, names, phones numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references, and resume to Valerie Horne, Director of Financial Aid, at email@example.com. Employee applications can be found at www.prcc.edu